The Jaded Prole

A Progressive Worker's Perspective on the political and cultural events of our time.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Selection Day

Well, here it is, selection day. We know that the ruling class will choose whomever they feel their investments are safer with but we should pretend our votes really count (and are counted). The more of us that manage to traverse the obstacles the better. Lets show them a public repudiation. I personally expect another stolen election, or at least every attempt to do so. If that happens let's build on the anger and organize a more powerful resistance. If not -- if Obama wins by significant margins, lets remember to keep the pressure on him. As we have touchscreen machines where I live, I voted absentee and I can tall you the lines to do so were long a week ago. A record turnout and mostly pro Obama.

I'm going to do my best to ignore the spin until late tonight when the votes are mostly in. I may go and buy some poster board in preparation for protesting a stolen election tomorrow but otherwise, a good day to stay home and drink it out of my head or go up to a local bar and hang out. Whatever happens, tomorrow will be different. For you collectors of historical and hysterical memorabilia, buy up some of my anti-Bush T-shirts while they last and do your part to feed the presently jobless Prole!

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI,Prole;
I took the day off and rode my bike to the polls.The line was kinda long,but moved pretty fast.The machine was an I Vote,and apparently worked just fine.So now I'm just kicking back with a beer and waiting for Barak's victory speech;)I do not envy him-He has a hell of a tough job ahead of him,cleaning up after the bushmonkey,and dealing with the astranomical high hopes.
Cheers;
CH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home