The Jaded Prole

A Progressive Worker's Perspective on the political and cultural events of our time.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Some Humans Ain't Human

The chimp visits Iraq and the press cheers and carbombs go off like fireworks but it isn't the 4th of July. It isn't liberation or success or anything heroic and our soldiers aren't killing and being killed for our freedom. And the heads on the TV continue to spew horse shit and and the prez -- well as the poet and bard John Prine says, "Some humans ain't Human."

4 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger e.b. said...

Personally, my favorite John Prine song is "In Spite of Ourselves." Anyway, thanks for the message you left over at my pretend-blog, "The Barstool Chronicles." I have an almost overwhelming amount of respect for real blogs and bloggers, far more than than for dilletantes such as myself. Keep up the excellent work.

-Ed Buttler

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Jaded Prole said...

I have too many Prine favorites to list but thanks for the comment. I don't know about being a "real blogger.: This is hardly a dust mote in the blogosphere but maybe it'll grow (or I'll wind up in one of those concentration camps built by Halliburton).

J.P.

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger e.b. said...

Hah! I think we'll both find ourselves at a KBR funhouse one of these days, J.P.

-Ed B.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger christopher cunningham said...

I want my special bunk at KBR myself.

great post PP. great song too. these dark times require a certain amount of dark humor. just ask my NSA agent Tommy.

at least "capitalism" and not this here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home