The Jaded Prole

A Progressive Worker's Perspective on the political and cultural events of our time.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Proud Matriot

Now that I have finished the newest issue of the Blue Collar Review and gotten it in the mail, I may be doing more here.

With July 4th around the corner, I'd like to expound a bit on the concept of Matriotism. Unlike Patriotism which is loyalty to the fatherland (Patria), being a Matriot leaves no one out, it creates no other and by its very existance acknowledges the obsolence of nation states and borders. A Matriot is loyal to mother earth (Matria) and the interconnected web of life of our biosphere. We Matriots know that we are not residents on this planet but part of it. As such, we Matriots place no nation above the other and none above the interests and needs of the whole of the planet and humanity. It should be noted as well that to be loyal to one's self above all else is to be an Idiot, (from idios one's own, private). For those who identify with the concept of Matriotism, I offer the Proud Matriot T-Shirt so you can show your matriotism and spread the much needed concept around.

Do we have an anthem? Of course . . .





Imagine

2 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I proudly assert myself to be a Matriot. Can't think why I've never come up with that term. May I appropriate it? With attribution, of course.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Jaded Prole said...

Absolutlely and pass the idea around! We need to counter all the oppressive pressure to be "patriotic" with Matriotism.

J.P.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home